Wayne County Fast Facts
In this fast paced world many have developed an appreciation for the high-points. To deliver on what the end-user wants, here's the Cliff Notes version of Wayne County's business case. Short, concise and to the point, this summary provides a snapshot of Wayne County's global business community and the factors influencing its growth and development.
Statewide, National and International Recognition
- Wayne County is the Top Micropolitan Area In The U.S. for business expansion and attraction according to Site Selection Magazine. The area has ranked in the top ten development areas in the country for the past ten years.
- Wayne County's economic strength ranking, as compiled by Policom, Inc. has increased from 140th in the country in 2004 to 84th in 2015.
- The City of Wooster, Wayne County’s largest city and county seat, was recognized as an "American Cities of the Future" in 2013, 2014 and 2015 by fDi Magazine.
- The City of Wooster has been recognized as Ohio’s Best Hometown and a U.S. “Dreamtown” by Biz Journal.
- Home to the world headquarters for JM Smucker Co., Wooster Brush, Seaman Corp. and The Will-Burt Co.
- Vibrant food processing cluster with industry leaders including J.M. Smucker Co., Pepsico, MARS, Morton Salt, Daisy Brand, Cargill, Land O' Lakes, Purina, Smith Dairy and Gerber Poultry
- Third largest agricultural economy in Ohio and top producing dairy county in the state
- Large German manufacturing contingent
Award Winning Education
- The Ohio State University’s Ohio Agricultural and Research Development Center (OARDC) is the Nation’s Largest Research Facility dedicated to the agbiosciences
- The Ohio State University, Agricultural Technical Institute boasts a 92% Graduate Placement Rate
- The College of Wooster is ranked among the Top Ten Liberal Arts Colleges in the country by U.S. News & World Report
- In 2015, all 10 Wayne County K-12 school districts Ranked Above Average on the state performance index
Growing Micropolitan Economy
- Population (2013): 115,071 | .5% Growth 2010-2013 *US Census
- Workforce (2016, 2nd qtr) : 62,200 *Ohio Labor Market Info
- Average Wage (2016, 2nd qtr): $40,128 *Ohio Labor Market Info
- Gross Domestic Product: $4.4 Billion *Moody's Analytics
- Economic Output Growth Rate 2012-2013: Best in NE Ohio 4.7% *Moody's Analytics
- Cost of Living Index: 92 *ACCRA
Good start but not enough information... contact us @ 330.264.2411.