Wayne County Fast Facts
In this fast paced world many have developed an appreciation for the high-points. To deliver on what the end-user wants, here's the Cliff Notes version of Wayne County's business case. Short, concise and to the point, this summary provides a snapshot of Wayne County's global business community and the factors influencing its growth and development.
Statewide, National and International Recognition
- Wayne County is among the Top Micropolitan Areas in the U.S. for business expansion and attraction according to Site Selection Magazine. The area has ranked in the top ten development areas in the country for the past eleven years.
- Wayne County's economic strength ranking, as compiled by Policom, Inc. has increased from 167th in the country in 2013 to 34th in 2017.
- The City of Wooster, Wayne County’s largest city and county seat, was recognized as an "American Cities of the Future" in 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016 by fDi Magazine.
- The City of Wooster has been recognized as Ohio’s Best Hometown and a U.S. “Dreamtown” by Biz Journal.
- Home to the world headquarters for JM Smucker Co., Wooster Brush, SmithFoods, Seaman Corp. and The Will-Burt Co.
- Vibrant food processing cluster with industry leaders including J.M. Smucker Co., Pepsico, MARS, Morton Salt, Daisy Brand, Cargill, Land O' Lakes, Purina, SmithFoods and Gerber Poultry
- Third largest agricultural economy in Ohio and top producing dairy county in the state
- Large German manufacturing contingent
Award Winning Education
- The Ohio State University’s Ohio Agricultural and Research Development Center (OARDC) is the Nation’s Largest Research Facility dedicated to the agbiosciences
- The Ohio State University, Agricultural Technical Institute boasts a 92% Graduate Placement Rate
- The College of Wooster is ranked among the Top Ten Liberal Arts Colleges in the country by U.S. News & World Report
- In 2015, all 10 Wayne County K-12 school districts Ranked Above Average on the state performance index
Growing Micropolitan Economy
- Population (2016): 116,470 *US Census
- Workforce (2016, 2nd qtr) : 62,200 *Ohio Labor Market Info
- Average Wage (2016, 2nd qtr): $40,128 *Ohio Labor Market Info
- Gross Domestic Product: $4.4 Billion *Moody's Analytics
- Cost of Living Index: 92 *ACCRA
Good start but not enough information... contact us @ 330.264.2411.