Wayne County Fast Facts
In our fast paced world, many have developed an appreciation for high-points. To deliver on what the end-user wants, we have summarized Wayne County's business case. Short, concise and to the point, this summary provides a snapshot of Wayne County's global business community and the factors influencing its growth and development.
Statewide, National and International Recognition
- Wayne County is among the Top Micropolitan Areas in the U.S. for business expansion and attraction according to Site Selection Magazine. The area has ranked in the top ten development areas in the country for over a decade.
- Wayne County's economic strength ranking, as compiled by Policom, Inc. has increased from 167th in the country in 2013 to 14th in 2020.
- In 2020, Site Selection Magazine ranked Wayne County/Wooster 7th nationally in their Governor's Cup Ranking for new project expansions
- The City of Wooster, Wayne County’s largest city and county seat, was recognized as an "American Cities of the Future" in 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016 by fDi Magazine.
- The City of Wooster has been recognized as Ohio’s Best Hometown and a U.S. “Dreamtown” by Biz Journal.
- Ranked as one of the best cities to live in 2017
- Home to the world headquarters for JM Smucker Co., Wooster Brush, SmithFoods, Seaman Corp. and The Will-Burt Co.
- Vibrant food processing cluster with industry leaders including J.M. Smucker Co., Pepsico, MARS, Morton Salt, Daisy Brand, Cargill, Land O' Lakes, Purina, SmithFoods and Gerber Poultry
- Third largest agricultural economy in Ohio and
- Large German manufacturing contingent
Award Winning Education
- The Ohio State University, Wooster Campus is the Nation’s Largest Research Facility dedicated to the ag bio-sciences
- The College of Wooster has been recognized by US News and World Reports to be in the top 5 of Ohio
- In 2021, Wayne County K-12 school districts Ranked Above Average on the state performance index
Growing Micropolitan Economy
- Population (2019): 115,710 *US Census
- Workforce (2020) 58,655 *Ohio Labor Market Info
- Average Wage: $46,682 *JobsEQ
- Gross Domestic Product: $5.8 Billion *Moody's Analytics
- Cost of Living Index: 95% *JobsEQ
(US Average is based on 100)
Good start but not enough information...contact us @ 330.264.2411.